There's Nothing Regular About This Fiber
In A Row
About Our Fiber
We are the Gulf Coast’s leading provider of fiber optic networks and high-capacity transport solutions. Delivering affordable, high-bandwidth services over our wholly-owned fiber optic network, Southern Light keeps your business connected to a network that is far from regular.
4,900 route miles of fiber optic cable don’t lay themselves. That’s where we come in. But digging trenches and climbing telephone poles is only the beginning of what we do. See for yourself.
- High-capacity, private transport between customer locations
- Ethernet, wavelength and TDM services
- Dedicated point-to-point and point-to-multipoint solutions
- Connect LANs across town, across the region or across the country
- Highly reliable and scalable services
- Ability to reach a high percentage of businesses on the Gulf Coast
- Customized solutions utilizing both fiber optic and licensed microwave technologies
- Control, flexibility and scalability for customers with the resources to light and maintain their own networks
- Expansive metro and SuperMetro® rings with high-count fiber in large and underserved markets
- Willingness to construct custom networks based on customer requirements
- Connect your business to ultra high-bandwidth Dedicated Internet Access
- Sourced from multiple Tier 1 providers with diverse International Internet peering points
- Available in increments of 1 Mbps to 10 Gbps
- Managed services to complement customer resources
- Full duplex offering for both upstream and downstream traffic
- Space and power available in hardened facilities managed by Southern Light
- High-bandwidth connections to the Internet or private networks
- Available DC or AC power
- 24/7/365 secure access to equipment
- Monitored network connections and highly secured facilities
- Existing Neutral Host ODAS solutions in challenging coverage areas along coast
- Design, build and maintain Distributed Antenna Solutions (DAS) and other small cell solutions for outdoor and indoor environments
- Point-to-point licensed microwave backhaul solutions for hard-to-reach locations
- Radio Frequency (RF) analysis and engineering services
- Networking expertise available on recurring or ad hoc basis
- Managed firewall and router services
- Network consulting for WAN and LAN environments
Route Miles of Fiber
We have a lot of reach. 4900+ route miles of it, in fact. But those aren’t the only numbers that make Southern Light right for the Gulf Coast.
- Named by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for the last eight years in a row.
- In 2012 Southern Light acquired ServerCorps, a data center company headquartered in Alabama.
- Southern Light connected fiber to its 1000th cell tower on October 22, 2012.
- The Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce named Southern Light as the 2010 Innovative Company of the Year.
- Southern Light has expanded its fiber network to Jacksonville, Fla., as announced January 2014.
- Baldwin Co., AL
- Baton Rouge
- MS. Coast
- New Orleans
- Panama City